Hosted by the Berlin Yacht Club & Fleet 113
10557 Northview Dr., North Benton, OH 44449
July 27 – 30, 2022. Early arrivals welcome.
The Berlin Yacht Club is proud to welcome you to the 2022 Force 5 North American Championship on our home waters at Berlin Lake in North Benton, OH on July 27th through the 30th. A practice day is scheduled on July 27th so please arrive early. Our goal is to foster friendly competition and capture the fun and excitement associated with Force 5 sailing. We have a full agenda planned for racing, picnics, dinners, Grill Out Dinner and awards for this event!
The regatta is open to all members of the Force 5 Class Association in good standing at the time of the regatta.
The North American Championship will be governed by the rules as defined in “The Racing Rules of Sailing 2017 – 2020”, including US Sailing Prescriptions and the Class Rules of the Force 5 Class Association except as any of these are modified by the Sailing Instructions. Sailing Instructions will be posted by March 30, 2022
Registration and Fee:
Please read the registration Instructions
US Sailing members: $130. Non-US Sailing members: $145
Late fee after June 30, 2022: $165
Registration includes: All sailing activities and supervision, breakfast 2 days, lunch 3 days, dinner 2 days, competitor shirt and awards. Registration will be available no later than March 1, 2022, to register for this event will be provided through the FFCA web page and through email to all FFCA fleet captains. Please register in advance online. You can pay via Paypal or print a copy of your registration and pay at Berlin Yacht Club when you arrive. Advance registration will greatly assist us preparing for the regatta.
Schedule of events for the 2022 FFCA NAC:
- July 27th Pre-Event Arrival & Practice Day – Meet at BYC in the afternoon.
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM - Casual arrival, pre-registration and orientation at BYC.
- 2:00 PM+ – Approximate time for Practice Races. Actual time TBD by RC.
- 7:00 PM– Join BYC Wednesday night race.
- July 28th – Welcome and Registration and Racing.
- 9:30 – 11:00 AM – Force 5 Registration, Brunch, and Rigging
- 11:00 AM – Skippers Meeting.
- Noon – First Gun for Force 5 North American Championship. The number of races TBD by the weather. We will plan to conclude racing before 5pm.
- 6:30 PM – Reception at BYC. Daily Results Posted.
- 7:00 PM – FFCA Meeting at BYC.
- 7:30 PM – Roll Call Food Truck (Famous Burgers) and Reception at BYC. Each person to pay for their own meal.
- July 29th – Full Day of FFCA Racing.
- 8:30 AM - Continental Breakfast and Rigging
- 9:00 AM – Skippers Meeting
- 9:30 AM – First Gun. The number of races TBD by the weather.
- 1:00 PM – Approximate time for Lunch on the water. Actual time TBD by RC Chair.
- 5:00 PM – Conclude racing – All Ashore.
- 6:00 PM+ – Grill Out and Reception at BYC. Daily results will be posted, and dinner will be served at 7:00 PM. The cost of the Grill Out is included in the NAC entry fee.
- Please see Chris Zofchak for additional participants.
- July 30th – FFCA Racing with the Awards and Picnic
- 8:30 AM – Continental Breakfast and Rigging
- 9:00 AM – Skippers Meeting
- 9:30 AM - First Gun. The number of races TBD by the weather.
- 2:00 PM – Conclude racing, Late lunch cookout on the barbie sponsored by Dark Horse Marine
- 3:00 PM – Awards Presentation and concluding remarks by FFCA President.
The Berlin Yacht Club Executive Team and the members of Force 5 Fleet 113 look forward to your participation in a fun and competitive FFCA North American Championship event here on Berlin Lake.
Sailing Instructions, local lodging, Regatta Network registration and other information will be provided no later than March 31st on the FFCA Website.
BYC Fleet #113 Contact Information:
Force 5 Fleet Captain
330-285-7225 – cell